Thursday, March 19, 2009

Birthday card for Bill

Hi everyone! I have a card to share from yesterday's SCS sketch challenge. I didn't post it yesterday, cause it's for Bill's birthday which is tomorrow. He will be pretty busy at work today, so I think it's safe to post and he won't see it! LOL!

I ALWAYS have such a hard time making cards for Bill. This is silly, I know, as he LOVES everything I make. But I feel like it should be extra special and not something he has "seen before". Again, silly! I'm not sure he can remember all the cards I make like I can -LOL!

Anyway, the sketch helped me out and for the stamps, I turned to Verve's Father Figure. I just love the masculine font of the Father, Husband and Dad and the sentiments are so wonderful for that guy in your life. I used Basic Grey Granola for the DP and the buttons. Again, this paper pack is my first "go to" when it comes to masculine cards. The burlap string pieces are from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts.

Thanks for stopping by and come back tomorrow, I will be showing a card for the Dirty Dozen Alumni monthly challenge. Since I became an alum in November, I haven't had a chance to play along. It was lots of fun this month -you all will get a kick out of it!

Card Deets:
Stamps: father figure
Paper: choc chip, white, Basic Grey Granola
Ink: choc chip, buckaroo blue (for sponging )
Accessories: SU large and small star punch, burlap string and buttons


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Great birthday card and yes he will love it. The stars and twine area great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birthday card, and wonderful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will love it! This is one of my all time favorite Verve sets!! Fantastic card, Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Michelle!!! Guy cards can be so hard - but this one is perfect! Great colours, love the stars, buttons and use of natural twine. Wonderful sentiment too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful! I love the western cards and any of the western stamps. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This IS very special! The sentiment is perfect!

    I feel the exact same way when I'm trying to make a card for my DH!! Since he sees all of the ones I make, it's hard to come up with one that he will feel is special. I think you got it just right!

    Happy Birthday Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! The colors are so manly and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super fabulous, Michelle! I love the buttons and the hemp... and the stripes... and the stmaping... and the stars! Great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it !! This is really an awesome ideas my dear, I'm sure that he liked that when he receives that lovely birthday greeting card. Very sweet indeed. Thank you for sharing. really inspiring one :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.